Thursday, July 24, 2014

Demonisation

In my last post, I confessed to currently going through second puberty, so to speak. With that come occasional frequent emotional casualties (I never learn and by now we know that yours truly is of the Drama Queen disposition). I've also told you that I make all my stupid decisions completely sober, which is, arguably, a little sad. Whatever.
In addition to being a Drama Queen, I am also notoriously direct, unstrategic and have swallowed truth pills (metaphorically speaking). Games, I do NOT play, even if everyone keeps telling me I bloody well should and it of course ends with me being played with and not exactly making a dignified exit when I should. In a nutshell, I am the perfect game for hunters, but the worst huntress ever. I recently remembered a T-Shirt FCN gave me back in the days that had a deer and the following motto printed on it "Only hunt what you can catch." Back then I found it very patronising even if she had a good reason as I was of course pursuing someone unattainable who ended up hurting me a lot. Now I should probably tattoo this sentence somewhere where I can see it every day. The inside of my wrist perhaps? In blood red?
In an attempt to curb my obsession and sadness (about my own stupidity, mostly, since it does take two as we know) a bit, I tend to "demonise" the unattainable prey and give them apt names. Most recent case in point who pulled some stunts that left not only me, but also my friends speechless, was really deserving of the nickname "Psycho" and has been renamed accordingly. And yes, I have deleted all messages.
Am I the only one who does that or do you also have some interesting "animals" in your contacts list?

3 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

Well ... *sigh* ... OK, I'll admit it, it's only us, anyway :-)

I put animals in groups and name the groups in a way that helps me ... get some stress relief?

So there's Provinzpsychopaten ... and Totale Spießer ... and fette Tussi mit Guter-Kumpel-Frisur ... Psychotante ... for now (funny how I mostly deal with the same types) ...

I know, I know, but as I said, it helps me relax and the need to attack is lesser then.

7/24/2014 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

@alcessa: Thank you for making me feel better ;-)
I like "Provinzpsychopathen"... now that I think of it that is an apt label for a certain person in my not-so-distant past, hahahah

7/24/2014 10:34:00 AM  
Anonymous LEGIT LIKES said...

Appreciate your efforts

1/28/2022 08:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist